Gold Plated Brass
All our gold-colored jewelry is made of Brass with a layer of 14 Carat Gold Plating. Brass itself is a gold-colored metal. This keeps your jewelry beautiful for a long time! Finally, our gold plating is also covered by an e-coating. This will keep your jewelry beautiful for longer.
925 Sterling Silver
Our silver jewelry is made of 925 Sterling Silver. This is a fairly pure metal. Silver can become a bit darker in color, but you can easily polish this again.
9 Carat jewelry is made of a part pure gold and a mix of other metals. It is golden in itself and will not discolor. It is a cheaper alternative than 14 karat gold because less pure gold is used in 9 karat jewelry.
14 Karat Gold
14 Karat Gold remains beautiful forever. It has a higher pure gold content than 9 carats and therefore a slightly higher price. 14 Karat gold jewelry will never fade and will always remain beautiful.
What can discolor jewelry?
- Acidity of your skin; if you have a high acidity, gold plated jewelry will discolor faster when worn on the skin. This is different for every person and unfortunately you can't do anything about this, this is a reaction of the skin with the material of your jewelry.
- Exposure to sunlight and oxygen; this causes oxidation of your jewelry. Your jewelry appears to be getting a little darker in color. You can easily polish silver jewelry with silver polish or toothpaste and then they will shine again. Never polish gold jewelry, as the gold plating will come off.
- Use of chemical agents; creams, cleaning products, perfume, soap, make-up and sweat will cause your jewelry to discolour more quickly.
How do I keep my jewelry beautiful for as long as possible?
- Store your jewelry in a closed jewelry box, which prevents oxygen and sunlight from getting in.
- Avoid contact with chemicals such as creams, cleaning agents, perfume, soap, make-up.
- Take off your jewelry by sunbathing, swimming, showering and exercising.
- Polish your silver jewelry with silver polish, but watch out for the gems!
- Polish gold plated jewelry with a soft and dry cloth. Do not use water or cleaning agents, that will damage the plating!